Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Lies We Should Refuse to Believe.

I would like to preface by pointing out that I am by no means a cynic when it comes to matters of the heart; I think love is wonderful and that boys are great! But...

This post is in response to the last one, "The Lies We Told Our Daughters", a very enlightening piece that begs the companionship of a female perspective. I think there are alot of collective ills that we can blame on society, and while I will undoubtedly keep Blackmon's words in mind in my future dealings with the opposite sex, I refuse to believe that man's lack of commitment and frequent inability to remain monogamous is the result of society. This is probably the only I time I will do this but I would agree with John McCain's philosophy in this case that it's greed. IF society has indeed groomed men to be greedy than hey I can't do anything about that and I don't consider it my problem, but society aside, truth be told alot of these dudes are just out here triflin.I'm not sure if he mentioned that lesson #3 in "how to be a man in society" was about how to act foolish, maybe I missed that. Look, it's really not difficult to establish a solid base for commitment and a great relationship that follows. Be up front; if you're not feeling it just say so. Don't lie (I don't buy Liar Liar Pants on Fire). I repeat, don't.lie. Don't be an asshole, and don't be triflin, cause you know when you're doing it. Guys always act like women are soooo complicated and soooo hard to figure out and want sooo much from them. We're really not but in the case that it's true it's because we deserve it and if you can't produce just say so, as for being a conquest that just sucks so I don't know what to tell you. I really do believe that girls mature faster than boys, hence the reason why at the point where a chick might be looking for a commitment the dude is still on the hunt (like society told him to be). Society my ass, just grow the fuck up! As a concluding response I would just say that when all else fails, just keep it moving until you find someone whose got their shit together because with all that social conditioning they're not about to get un-triflin anytime soon & like Pharrell & Slim Thug said, "keep it playa".

No comments: